Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Tis the Season

I can't believe Christmas is almost here. Tomorrow! Well Christmas Eve starts it all, right?

We spent the weekend in Ruidoso with Chris' family sans one brother. The weather was so nice and the kids played so well together. Truly, they did great. It's always nice when you can leave the kids to entertain each other and have adult time! And where Mouse didn't really "play" she stayed entertained.

And it was vacation. We mostly ate out so there was no cooking except for breakfast. I didn't have laundry to do or anything. Awesome! We took the kids to Winter Wonderland where they played in the snow and tubed and rode kiddie carnival rides. They were so cute. I have loads of pics and video from all of it and just don't have the time/energy to download the camera right now :/

We're planning on spending Christmas Day with Chris' family and will have our tree then. I can only imagine how fun it will be to watch four little girls opening gifts!

Santa is coming to Levelland this year and Chris and I are excited to have Santa in our home! I tried really hard not to go overboard and think I did pretty well. I did end up taking some presents out of the Christmas pile and moved them to the Birthday pile. Jaybird has been asking for a castle. I didn't buy a castle. This has been a new development over the last week and a half. My shopping was done. (However, her Nana is giving her a pink princess tent so we're calling that a castle.) I had already gotten her golf clubs. Pink ones! And Mouse is getting the 2008 American Girl Doll. She'll love it...someday...like 5 years from now!

We're going to my parents on Christmas Eve and then again the day after Christmas. My kids will get to play with their cousins and I'm hoping I'll get to play with all my cousins too! The food will be awesome but the fellowship even better. I'm truly hoping for lots of belly laughs!

Saturday will just be our immediate family at my parents. Did I mention that my brother is home from Iraq this week? I think you can imagine what our Christmas will be like!

What are your Christmas plans? Have you been good this year?

Merry Christmas, friends. Much love and many blessings to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad this is going to be a special Christmas for you guys.We're doing very little and looking forward to it immensely!

    We're going north for Christmas.

    Be safe on the roads-
    G

    ReplyDelete