Monday, December 14, 2009

Gearing Up

I'm gearing up for my holiday baking! I'm very excited about my yummy treats but a little nervous about the timing of it all. You see my plans are up in the air at the moment and I'm not sure when said treats will be needed!

I've emailed my Mom to find out which items need to be frozen before they're cooked and which should be cooked first and then frozen. I'm still waiting for answers.

I signed up to take a sweet treat for J's class party on Thursday so I'll be starting with Tea Cakes - also known as Sugar Cookies! I bought sprinkles this year which is kinda new for me because I usually just go with colored icing. We'll see where the frosting spirit leads us!

Also on the list are Sausage Balls, Cinnamon Pinwheels, Cranberry Poppers and Pumpkin Bread.

Hopefully I'll be able to share pics and recipes this week as I'm baking along.

None of these recipes are new for me or my family so why the excitement? Because they are so stinkin' good I can't wait to partake!

What do you have planned for your holiday cooking/baking?

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds great! Today the kids and I are making chai shortbread cookies and peppermint fudge. I love holiday baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the holiday baking, but I LOVE the holiday eating so.....bring it on!!!

    ReplyDelete