Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Boy

In my last post I said, "Put a big red bow on the boy..."


I was referring to my brother as "The Boy". I should have made it a proper noun and capitalized it! Seriously. My whole life my Mom has called him "The Boy". I can't recall my Dad calling him that or really my sisters but I do on occasion as well. Not really when I'm talking about him to anyone else except my Mom. Weird? Maybe.


And it isn't "Boy". It's THE Boy. I guess because he's the only boy in our family. So maybe Mom would refer to "the girls" and "the boy". I don't really know.



He isn't called that all the time. It's a pet name. A term of endearment.


Did I mention the Boy is coming home from Iraq this week!

1 comment:

  1. You could have had "Let's hear if for The Boy" playing as your theme song this week. :)

    ReplyDelete