Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

2009 was a crazy year. Marlee was born in 2008 but the adjustments started in 2009! What a way to start a year! My brother graduated from basic training, shipped to Iraq and came home in time for Christmas. I learned to sew! I lost 11 pounds and have since gained 12. Chris changed jobs and we moved to a new community. I travelled to Seattle, Louisville, Dallas, Killeen and Ruidoso.

The better part of 2009 was devoted to my kids and our new home! I'm so proud of the little lady Jencee is becoming and am constantly amazed by the changes in Marlee's day-to-day development! I can't wait to see the leaps and bounds my girls will make in 2010.

I love our new home and am pleased with the progress we've made. We still have a few projects but this house feels like a home. It feels permanent. We've begun to plant roots in this house and I'm imagining the years to come in THIS house!

I didn't do much for myself in 2009. Don't get me wrong. I saw plenty of movies, slept in plenty a Saturday morning, had plenty of pedicures. But I didn't challenge myself in new ways. Yes, the move was a challenge. Leaving friends and attempting to make new was and is challenging. Adding a baby to the family in a 2 bedroom house and sharing your bedroom with an infant was a challenge. All these "challenges" are just part of life. Am I better for them? Absolutely! But they aren't goals or resolutions. They're just "dealing with life" challenges. Am I making sense at all?

Anyway, for 2010 I'm choosing to challenge myself with goals and resolutions. I usually shy away from New Year's resolutions because I feel like I'm setting myself up to fail. But this year, I don't really care if I fail. I want to attempt! I want to succeed! And I want accountability. Even if no one is holding me accountable I'll feel like it because I shared the goals here!

So without further ado:

My goals for 2010

1. Lose 15-20 Pounds/Eat Healthier


2. Workout at Least 3 Times a Week


3. Train for and Run a Half-Marathon


4. BLOG More Consistently


5. Join a Ladies Bible Study


6. Join a Sunday School Class


7. Make New Friends


7a. Have a Party with my House Full to Overflowing with Friends and Family


8. Continue Learning to Sew


9. Learn a New Craft/Hobby


10. Learn to Bake Bread


Of course I have more goals and resolutions for my house and family like, keep a neater house and cook kid friendlier vegetables. The list could go on. BUT the ten goals I listed are for ME. They're to make me a better Mommy, a better Wife, a better Woman, a better follower of Christ.

I'm really excited about 2010. It will be challenging. But that's the point, right?

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I read the other day to "Begin slowly.. Just begin." It was in an article about education but really stuck. I think it may be my unofficial motto for the year.

    Why fear failure? Much worse to have never begun at all.

    Thanks for sharing. We can hold each other accountable.

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete