Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer's Over

I remember always being so sad that Summer was coming to an end and the school year was starting. Of course up until about my Sophomore year in high school I couldn't wait for school to start. But once I was 15ish the end of Summer was depressing.

Especially in my adulthood...there was no more pretending I was a kid. With adulthood comes too much responsibility to waste the Summer days away.

I never felt like I sucked every ounce out of June, July and August. I felt like I needed more time by the pool. More time on fun vacations. More time sleeping late, reading books, playing outside, spending time with family and friends.

How do I feel with this Summer coming to a close? Good, actually. We played at the pool almost every chance we got. We got to go as a family to a friends' ranch for a long weekend and also to Ruidoso without the kids. I've read several good books and Chris has let me sleep late a few times. We've gotten to see both sides of our families at a wedding, an anniversary party and a "photo shoot". And finally, being in a new town we've made new friends and gotten to catch up with some old friends too.

Sounds like a pretty good Summer to me. How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Love the look!!! It's perfect.

    And I feel like my summer went way too fast. :(

    ReplyDelete